Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Star Wars coming in 3D

Seems that George Lucas doesn't have enough of my money. Now he is going to be re-releasing all 6 Star Wars films in 3D. Here is the release schedule:
  • The Phantom Menace (2012)
  • Attack of the Clones (2013)
  • Revenge of the Sith (2014)
  • Star Wars (2015) - I refuse to call it "A New Hope" and Han better shoot first this time!
  • The Empire Strikes Back (2016)
  • Return of the Jedi (2017)
So I'm going to have to wait six years to see the asteroid field chase scene in 3D. I have a feeling it will be worth the wait. The rest... I'm not sure what 3D is going to do for The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones, but there are probably a couple of scenes in each of the other films that will be better off for it; the Battle of Coruscant, the Death Star trench run, the asteroid field chase, going into the superstructure of the Death Star...

No comments:

Post a Comment