Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sparky Needs Surgery

I try to keep appeals to my readership to a minimum, but I saw this and thought I would share. If you are able to make a donation, I encourage you to do so. Sparky is in the local animal shelter, and needs some help.

Sparky is a 6 month old wire-haired Dachshund pup who was born with a liver shunt. This is a blood vessel that's in the wrong place and keeps the liver from properly doing its many important jobs, resulting in a sick little doggie who has to be on medication and a special diet. The shunt can be surgically treated - but it's not a routine surgery - and it's costly. Please help us raise the money for Sparky's surgery. You can donate via PayPal with the Chip-in icon below, or you can send a check to BARKS, PO Box 593, Stanhope, NJ 07874. Please write 'Sparky' in the memo. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment